Harvest Distance Learning/Homeschooling
The Harvest Distance Learning (HDL) Program is an array of distance learning and homeschooling programs made available by HCSI for Basic Education from grade school to high school. These programs are classified into three (3) categories – I. Online Distance Learning (ODL) , II. Printed Distance Learning (PDL) & III. Open Curriculum Program (OCP)
I. Online Distance Learning (ODL) has two (2) programs:
1. Online Distance Learning (ODL) - All International (e-Comprehensive), which uses the full International Online Courses/Curriculum provided by:
Complete Curriculum from Michigan, United States for Kindergarten, Level 1 to 6 (Grade School), Level 7 to 10 (Junior High School) and Level 11 to 12 (Senior High School) - (available at this time)
SevenStar Academy Online, Ohio, USA for Middle School (Level 7-8) and High School Levels (Level 9 to 12 or First Year to Fourth Year High School Levels); (pending renegotiation - not yet available at this time)
2. Online Distance Learning (ODL) - Combo (e-Scholastic), which is a combination of www.time4learning.com web-based curriculum/courses and Philippine-locally printed textbooks for Kindergarten, Elementary (Grade 1 to 6 ) levels and a combination of www.completecurriculum.com web-based curriculum and Philippine-locally printed textbooks for Junior High School and Senior High School (Grade 7 to 12).
II. Printed Distance Learning (PDL) has three (3) programs:
1. Printed Distance Learning (PDL) - All International (NURTURE), which uses all International Homeschool Printed Curriculum/textbooks;
2. Printed Distance Learning (PDL) - Combo (REFINED), which is a combination of the American Alpha Omega Lifepacs printed homeschool curriculum/textbooks and Philippine-printed textbooks;
3. Printed Distance Learning (PDL) - All Local (TUTELAGE), which uses Philippine-printed textbooks for all subjects.
III. The OPEN CURRICULUM PROGRAM (OCP) is an educational program of HCSI in which the parents are the ones who choose the right curriculum/materials for their children on the basis of their skills and capabilities. The school acts as Educational Adviser/Consultant and Validator so that the parents and students work in accordance to the minimum requirements imposed by the Department of Education.
Students may choose to enrol in any of the six (6) Harvest Distance Learning (HDL)/Homeschool programs.
NOTE: HCSI offers distance learning and homeschooling programs on the basis of its Permanent Recognition/Accreditation/License to operate Pre-School to High School Courses in Mabolo, Cebu City, Philippines from the Department of Education (Dep Ed), Republic of the Philippines. It is also accredited by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PRIVATE SCHOOLS (NAPS), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. Its online programs are accredited courses of Sevenstar Academy, Ohio, USA, a duly accredited school of CITA (The Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation). HCSI is also a member school of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International), Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA